Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lace Weight Yarn

I think I finally have an idea on how to integrate my beautiful lace weight yarn with other crafts. 

I broke out my Kumihimo (Japanese braiding technique) supplies after the bead show - after buying some gorgeous ribbon and cording.  Looking through one of my books, I found a pattern for something called a Laramie braid.  It uses 10 spool with two strand of fiber per spool and is woven around a solid core.  When I finish my test piece, it'll be time to cut into the good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kumihimo. I love it! Photos, please, lots of lovely photos! Would love to see some photos when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I finish my current braid, I'll be starting the new one with the lace weight. I'll definitely get some photos as I get started.

    ReplyDelete