Sunday, October 5, 2014

Checking In

It's been a while.  I've been bad.

This Spring I started a new project - I started writing my first book of urban fantasy with an adult twist.  I submitted it to the publisher last night.  Today, I have a contract!  We've had a lot of adversity over the last few years.  I finally feel like things are coming together.  I continue to do my crafting, and will have to update around that area, and my daughter is in high school this year - which just blows me away.

Anyway, here is the blurb for my book.  It should be out Spring/Summer 2015.

Global apocalypse never felt so good.

At twenty-five, Olivia Mitchell almost has the perfect life. She almost has a job. She almost has a boyfriend. She almost has a future. It’s a good thing she has friends. And on a sunny day in June, she and her friends watch the world step sideways into a new reality—one of magic and dreams made real.

Out of the chaos, people are reborn as Elves, Dwarves, Goblins, and Trolls. Olivia’s dreams transform her into a Dark Elf mage, and her new girlfriend is one sexy kitty. However, with magic came demons, monsters, and things that draw blood in the night.

A werewolf is carving a path of blood and pain and murder through the park next to Olivia’s home. The old Olivia would have been hiding under her sister’s bed. The new Olivia is going hunting.

In times of trial, some people fall to their baser natures, some people give in to their fears, and some rise to accept the challenge.

Adversity is the forge of the soul. For Olivia, today is Forging Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment