Sunday, April 22, 2012

Home Storage Wars Continued

I've been working my way through the box.  Initially I've been trying to identify every piece as I took it out of the box.  After about 3 days of that, it became clear that I would never again have the use of my desk at that rate.  Last night I did a pre-sort instead of items by type into 1/2 gallon bags.  Now I can sort through at my pace and still work on other things on my now open desk.

This was an interesting piece.  It's a mens ID bracelet from Spiedel USA, and by the logo on the back, it's from the 70s.  Now this thing is solid.  Very heavy chain.  The gold badge on front is perfect for engraving, right?  Now what you're seeing below is the cleaned up version - because the last person who owned it decided to save that pesky engraving money and had his name on it with old plastic white label tape.....Yes, label tape - petrified at this point.  If you can't afford the engraving, leave the damn thing blank.  I guarantee the label tape made you look ridiculous.  I'm looking at you, Walter from the 70s.


I found a few other pieces, so far, that I can't identify.  This one has no pin back or attachment and doesn't appear to have any pieces broken off, so what the heck is it?




And this one is equally as baffling.  Popular vote is that I should use it as a business card holder at a craft fair.


Finally, there are a ton of large hoop style fashion earrings in the mix.  I'm experimenting with micro-macrame to modify them sufficiently so I can actually use them in my shop.  The results aren't bad so far, but I'm trying to figure out how to tie off at the end so it doesn't slip off.  I'm thinking glue will eventually be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment