Monday, April 16, 2012

Yarn me, baby!

Received my gorgeous new yarns from Canada today.  Approximately 1300 yards of a minty green 90% wool, 10% angora blend  was the appetizer.  The main course was in the next bag.  These are the goodies made by Raven @ Trampled By Geese.  My first hank was 200 yards of 100% wool dyed Thunderstorm colors.  This was hand spun into 1 ply lace by Raven.  The next hank is the gorgeous orange madder dyed bit I've been lusting after for quite a few weeks now.  This too is hand spun by Raven.  Cotswold wool, madder dye, 1 ply lace.  A whopping 535 yards.  Next I have a lovely merino/silk blend spun by Raven.  It's 3 ply sock weight, not that I know how to make socks, and 460 yards.  It's a beautiful burgundy wine kind of color.  Finally there is the lovely creamy hank, also spun by Raven, of corriedale wool, bamboo and silk.  There's a nice 75 yards to play with.  Right now I just like petting it.

I'm going to be working on stepping up my crocheting and knitting skills to be worthy of the lovely yarns.  I look forward to the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it reached you safe and sound. I think you are really going to like the bright orange (madder dyed) one, I had so much fun making it.

    Please let me know all the exciting things you make with them.

    ReplyDelete